When deciding on a dental holiday, here are 10 dental tourism tips to keep in mind. For more information on dental holidays see http://smileplanners.com/
1. Get a dental quote from a dentist near you. Sometimes your local dentist can offer a treatment price that is comparable to what you would pay on a dental holiday.
2. Make sure that you get a check up before any dental holiday to make sure that you are in tip top shape for the trip.
3. Make sure that the clinic you visit is licensed with the local health department or health ministry.
4. Ask your dentist about the success rate of the procedure.
5. Dental clinics use different brands of dental implants, veneers, crowns bridges and dentures. You can ask which brand they use.
6. Check to see if the clinic guarantees their dental work, and guarantees the products they use, like dental implants.
7. With any treatment ask to see the total cost including all taxes and fees. For example, many people think of the implant tooth as one piece. In fact it is the dental implant, the implant abutment and the dental crown on top of the implant. Make sure the price you are quoted is for all pieces of the implant tooth and dental implant placement. Do not make any payment up front, pay once you are at the clinic and satisfied with the treatment plan and evaluation.
8. Ask the dental holiday clinic to provide the duration of the trip, this will help you plan better.
9. It is best to find accommodation conveniently located to the dental clinic. After each appointment a short trip to the hotel is best.
10. Remember that every country has it own medical and dental regulations. The treatment you receive on dental holiday will be according to that country’s health and consumer laws and regulations. If there is a problem with the treatment all grievances and claims can only be filed in the country where the treatment took place not your home country.